Dark Chocolate Mousse
- 150 grams of high quality dark chocolat (I prefer Valrhona or Lindt)
- 30 grams of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 4 large eggs
- 60 grams of sugar
- 8 cl of creme fraiche
- Melt chocolate in double boiler, stirring occasionally.
- When melted, add butter cubes and blend.
- Put aside and let cool just enough that when you mix with eggs, the chocolat will not “cook” the egg yolks.
- Do not let chocolat get too cold either as it will not mix properly.
- Mix egg yolks with sugar until light colored and a little frothy then add slowly the chocolate to this.
- Beat egg whites until fluffy but not too dry, then add 1/3 to the chocolat mixture and blend genlty.
- Fold in the rest of whites, gently until homogenous, not more.
- Choose a bowl that will be filled as much as possible to the rim (more esthetique). The smaller the better and if you have some left over mousse just put into smaller bowl.
- Refridgerate for 5 hours, or more, before serving to let mousse become firm.
- Decorate with a piece of fruit or mint leaf or chocolat shavings.
- This is also delicious with Orange Pomegranite Salad