500 grams (18 oz) of potatoes
(high-starch type like Russet)
4 egg yolks
70 grams of butter, in cubes
salt, pepper and nutmeg
- You will need a pastry/piping bag with a large open star tip, otherwise you can also just spoon little scoops onto the pan and decorate with a fork tip.
- Peel and cut potatoes into large chunks
- Boil in large pan in salted water until tender but not falling apart.
- Drain well and put back in pan, adding butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Mash or beat with a wooden spoon until fluffy.
- Cook a little more if they need to be dried up.
- Remove from heat and blend in egg yolks .
- Heat oven to 320 F
- Prepare an oven sheet with buttered(or sprayed) wax paper.
- Using a pastry/piping bag with a large open star tip. fill with potato mixture and pipe them into decorative swirls, making nice little rosettes.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly browned and serve hot.
- The rosettes can be prepared in advance and refrigerated until ready to bake.