Red bell peppers
(I use Fleur de Sel but regular salt is fine)
- Heat the oven broiler to 400F and arrange a rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Put a sheet of foil in the bottom as the liquid from the peppers will drop down.
- When oven is hot place the peppers directly on the rack and roast, turning once so they blacken a bit on both sides, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place in a plastic bag and let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Peel the skins off and slice open to get out all the seeds, liquid and cut out the membranes.
- Then cut in strips lengthwise about 1/3 “ wide.
- Place strips neatly in a rectangular or square shaped container layer by layer.
- Sprinkle each layer with salt, garlic and cover with olive oil.
- I suggest you prepare a day or more in advance and you can keep this well refrigerated for at least a week.
300 grams of fromage blanc
The closest thing would be farmer’s cheese or cottage cheese
75 grams of white sugar
20 centiliters of whipping cream
2 egg whites (use the yolks for mayonnaise!)
- Drain cheese for 24 hours (Draining containers: 1 per person or 1 big one)
- Prepare small containers that have draining baskets inside, lining them with gauze
- Beat the cheese with sugar until smooth
- Whip the cream until well whipped
- Beat egg whites until they hold a soft peak
- Blend the 3 ingredients very gently and fill containers as full as possible
- Let drain for another 24 hours in refrigerator
- When ready to serve, take draining basket out of container and carefully turn over onto plate, peeling the gauze off carefully
- Serve with a Rasberry Coulis