Excursions are such a fun part of our culinary holidays and cookery courses!We love to jump in the car for an adventure to discover the many wonderful historical and culinary delights of our Anjou region. +*0+*
Our weekly Wednesday market is a foodies dream come true! The 2nd largest in our region, with 180
Roasted-Marinated Red Bell Peppers
Red bell peppers
(I use Fleur de Sel but regular salt is fine)
- Heat the oven broiler to 400F and arrange a rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Put a sheet of foil in the bottom as the liquid from the peppers will drop down.
- When oven is hot place the peppers directly on the rack and roast, turning once so they blacken a bit on both sides, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place in a plastic bag and let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Peel the skins off and slice open to get out all the seeds, liquid and cut out the membranes.
- Then cut in strips lengthwise about 1/3 “ wide.
- Place strips neatly in a rectangular or square shaped container layer by layer.
- Sprinkle each layer with salt, garlic and cover with olive oil.
- I suggest you prepare a day or more in advance and you can keep this well refrigerated for at least a week.