Our weekly Wednesday market is a foodies dream come true! The 2nd largest in our region, with 180
Red bell peppers
(I use Fleur de Sel but regular salt is fine)
- Heat the oven broiler to 400F and arrange a rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Put a sheet of foil in the bottom as the liquid from the peppers will drop down.
- When oven is hot place the peppers directly on the rack and roast, turning once so they blacken a bit on both sides, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place in a plastic bag and let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Peel the skins off and slice open to get out all the seeds, liquid and cut out the membranes.
- Then cut in strips lengthwise about 1/3 “ wide.
- Place strips neatly in a rectangular or square shaped container layer by layer.
- Sprinkle each layer with salt, garlic and cover with olive oil.
- I suggest you prepare a day or more in advance and you can keep this well refrigerated for at least a week.
[ngg_images source="galleries" container_ids="26" sortorder="252,250,251,253" display_type="photocrati-nextgen_basic_thumbnails"